01452 303 528
Jobs, Coaching and Volunteering Opportunities
Please see the current vacancies advertised through Active Gloucestershire below, or alternatively you can submit your own for free here. Please include the web URL or address in the text submission form. These links will be made live before posting to the Active Gloucestershire jobs page.+ Post a job
Netball Umpire - Cheltenham
LFY Netball Umpire Cheltenham
Posted: 25 Jan 2017
Category: Active Gloucestershire
Type: Casual Position
Interview Date: 01 March 2017
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to join our growing team.
Experience in umpiring Netball is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
The league is starting March 2017 and will run every week all year round.
Our leagues are fun, friendly sessions designed to get people back into sport and having fun.
We pay £25 for the session and the night will consist of 3 games.
Leagues4You will need to undertake a basic DBS check.
Name: Lynsey Ganderton
This vacancy closes on 31 March 2017 - make sure your application is in before then!
Gym Assistant Volunteer
Posted: 17 Feb 2017
Type: Voluntary (Part time)
Employer: St Oswald's Village
Interview Date: Ask upon applying
• Assisting with the opening and closing the gym
• Turning machinery on and off as required
• Carrying out daily cleaning and health and safety checks on gym facilities
• Providing excellent customer service to gym members
• Providing information on the operation of gym equipment
• Observing the gym (being able to raise the alarm in an emergency)
• Promote gym facilities and memberships
• Assisting with housekeeping tasks within the gym facilities
• To observe standard procedures and observe Health and Safety and rules of conduct
As an Extra Care volunteer you will be well supported and highly valued. This is a great way to meet new people and to enhance the services provided by organisation.
Name: Chloe Fairburn
Telephone: 01452 875000
This vacancy closes on NA - make sure your application is in before then!
Volunteer Football Coach
Posted: 28 Feb 2017
Type: Voluntary (Part time)
Employer: Gorsley Village FC
Hours: 1 Hour per Week
Interview Date: To be Arranged to suit both parties
We are looking for a new football coach to take on our skills centre for 5-8 year olds in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Day and Timing of the 1 hour session is to be discussed with the club.
We are looking ideally for level 1 qualified but support will be given for anybody who wants to coach football.
For more information please contact the club using the details below:
Name: Ashley Gooch
This vacancy closes on 31/3/2017 - make sure your application is in before then!
Head of Marketing
Posted: 07 Mar 2017
Category: Active Gloucestershire
Type: Flexible between 3 and 5 days
Employer: Active Gloucestershire
Hours: Flexible dependent on candidate
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience and hours worked
Interview Date: 30th March 2017
Active Gloucestershire is the county’s sports and physical activity partnership (CSP), with a key responsibility for increasing physical activity levels across the whole Gloucestershire population. Our vision is that ‘everyone in Gloucestershire is active every day’ and we work with a huge range of local and national policy makers and organisations to make this a reality. Currently, our marketing primarily engages with a B2B audience and client group, with an expectation that this will extend into B2C activity e.g. promotions encouraging participation and behaviour change.
Purpose of role/job overview:
The primary purpose of this role is to drive marketing for Active Gloucestershire. You will develop, implement, optimise and track our brand, content and digital marketing activity; creating our first multi-channel communications eco system. You’ll be passionate about our mission and objectives, bring business acumen, and be highly adept at the creative, technical and analysis disciplines of modern on- and off-line marketing. You will focus on driving B2B and B2C relationships that build highly productive partnerships and inspire participation.
Key responsibilities – marketing:
- Ensure the strategic marketing plan for Active Gloucestershire demonstrates an appealing creative direction and shows quantified business objectives and targets. This will be a live, working document. It will identify the key partnerships, events and business and consumer audiences we should be targeting to help Gloucestershire become more active. It will include a campaign schedule by channel, with targets, tactics and the estimated resources required to make us a success.
- Establish an effective and impactful visual and verbal brand consistency across all marketing communications collateral – online and offline.
- Ensure offline, digital (website, e-news, social media, blogs/forums) and, CRM platforms are driving engagement and/or participation and are managed within budget.
- Support market and service teams, leading on the development of marketing plans and the promotion of core products such as insight/training/funding services, programme campaigns/events e.g. Daily Mile, Special Olympics and Activity Finder.
- Provide strategic marketing support to the CEO on significant initiatives with key stakeholder partners such as Sport England and the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group).
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Recommend and control digital marketing budget.
- Develop and manage Active Gloucestershire’s PR activity.
- Coach wider team members in marketing skills and activity to create a more marketing literate organisation.
Key responsibilities – general:
- A key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), contributing marketing expertise and management acumen to strategy and business planning discussions that will drive AG’s success.
-Represent Active Gloucestershire as a senior manager at networking events and meetings.
-Prepare reports and give presentations on marketing progress to the SMT team and the Trustee board.
-Meet with your line manager on a regular basis, to review progress towards agreed objectives, providing her/him with verbal and written reports as required.
- Be responsible for implementing all Active Gloucestershire’s policies and procedures.
- Promote the vision, mission and values of Active Gloucestershire at all times.
Name: Geetha Dean
Telephone: 01452 303528
This vacancy closes on 22nd March 2017 - make sure your application is in before then!