Making Small Changes for a Health Lifestyle
On Thursday 6th July, Gloucestershire’s Healthy Lifestyles Service launched its new #PledgeGlos campaign. Pledge Glos aims to encourage people and families across Gloucestershire to improve their health and wellbeing by pledging to make one healthy change to their lifestyle.
The #PledgeGlos campaign is centered around the tag line: Small changes can make a big difference to your health and small changes – one step at a time, along with the theme of ‘footsteps’ to tie in with taking a journey to achieving your ‘Best You’.
Pledge Glos will integrate with the Healthy Lifestyles Service and coaches to offer support to:
- Get more active
- Lose weight
- Eat healthily
- Stop smoking
- Drink less alcohol
How can people make their pledge?
People can make their pledge/s on a dedicated pledge website. The website offers a ‘pledge finder’ tool and other motivational information to encourage people to pledge and keep going on their journey to a healthier lifestyle. Additional help is also available through the online self-help portal ‘BestYou Glos’ where individuals can set healthy lifestyle goals and track their progress.
The campaign will then be rolled out at events across Gloucestershire including:
- Friday 7th July – Cheltenham, High Street, outside M&S
- Monday 10th July – Stroud, King Street
- Thursday 13th July– Stow-on-the-Wold, Market Square
- Friday 14th July – Lydney, car park outside the medical centre
- Saturday 15th July – Stow Cotswold Festival
- Thursday 20th July – Cirencester, Market Place
- Saturday 22nd July – Gloucester Festival
- Tuesday 25th July – Coleford, Clock Tower Roundabout
- Wednesday 2nd August – Cheltenham, Pittville Park (for National Play Day)
The team of healthy lifestyles coaches will be offering quick mini health checks, information about the service and encouraging people to make a pledge.
Get involved with the campaign and share your pledges on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #PledgeGlos