Physical Activity Specialist for Children & Young People
01452 393 609
Physical Activity Specialist for Older Adults & Disabled People
01452 393 605
Children and young people have a lot to gain from sport and physical activity: it gives them the opportunity to be healthy and active, to learn new skills, to become more confident and to maximise their own unique potential. Sport and physical activity can also make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults, for example those with physical, mental health or learning disabilities.
Active Gloucestershire are committed to the prevention of abuse of children, young people and vulnerable adults who take part in sport and physical activity in Gloucestershire. We ensure that we achieve this by:
- Meeting and sustaining the Standards for Safeguarding & Protecting Children in Sport through the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU), a part of NSPCC.
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and young people.
- Working with partners to establish and implement agreed consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sports activities locally.
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any services for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements.
- Maximising influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships.
If you have any concerns or just need advice, we can advise club Welfare Officers and coaches or signpost to relevant contacts. Please contact Tom Hall, our Designated Child Officer (DCPO). If Tom is unavailable, please contact Rowland Clark, Head of Inclusion.
If you are a child who needs to talk to someone or an adult who has concerns about the welfare of a child or would like some advice or guidance then please contact:
Child line: 0800 1111 NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
Key organisations / links
- Child Protection in Sport Unit
- Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adult’s Board
The NSPCC Schools Service Working together to help prevent abuse and keep children and young people safe. The NSPCC offer a wide range of resources to help the whole school community; teachers children, parents, carers and others members of the community, to ensure that they are able to help keep children safe: For further information click here