For more information please contact:
01452 303 528
Join our team
We are currently recruiting to the following positions:
- Trustee – voluntary
- Disability Sport and Physical Activity Project Officer
- Freelance Community Engagement Officer
- Physical Activity Specialist Lead for facilities and active design/Partnership Manager
See more details below.
Trustee – voluntary
Active Gloucestershire is a pioneering and bold organisation with a clear strategy that aims to get 30,000 of the least active people in the county enjoying the benefits that an active life can bring. Our approach to doing this is called Gloucestershire Moves and unites people and organisations from across the county in a social movement to get people active. This is an opportunity to join an organisation determined to make a step change across Gloucestershire.
We are currently seeking a trustee with HR experience to replace our outgoing expert in this area. We are also keen to have diverse Board representation from across the Gloucestershire Moves movement so would welcome applications from people who have been involved (or would like to be) in our networks, particularly young people, women, disabled people and those from a black, Asian or minority ethnic community.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who has great interpersonal skills, is passionate about trying new things and seeks to encourage the organisation to be innovative and entrepreneurial.
For further details please email Deborah Potts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07904 052268. Download a Trustee Application Pack for more information.
Closing date: 20th September 2019
Disability Sport and Physical Activity Project Officer
Active Gloucestershire are looking for a Disability Sport and Physical Activity Project Officer to work with our Physical Activity Specialist (lead for Disability) to develop a leadership programme for inclusive sport and physical activity, support the growth of existing and creation of new inclusive physical activity opportunities across Gloucestershire.
This role could be on a freelance, short term contract or a part time secondment basis.
Your role will involve:
- Working with a range of partner organisations, from day centres, charities and voluntary groups to increase participation in regular physical activity / sport of people with a disability across Gloucestershire
- Supporting the development of a leadership development programme for inclusive sport and physical activity
- Outreach work to connect and engage with organisations and groups that work with people with a disability
- Presenting at a range of partnership boards and networks - Use of Microsoft office
- Be experienced in the disability sport and physical activity sector
- Be passionate about inclusion
- Be approachable and committed to our vision of everyone in Gloucestershire being active every day
- Have excellent time management and organisational skill
- Days: 1 day per week until January 2020
- Start date: September 2019 Fee: to be discussed at interview
- How to apply: Send a covering letter demonstrating your relevant experience and reason for applying along with a short up-to-date CV to Sarah Haden-Godwin at email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday 13th August 2019
Freelance Community Engagement Officer
Active Gloucestershire are looking for a freelance Community Engagement Officer to work with our Physical Activity Specialist and Senior Project Officer to conduct extensive mapping and engagement of older adult social and community group members.
We are looking for someone to support with this work as soon as possible, therefore the closing date will be no later than 9th August 2019.
Your role will involve:
- Working to targets of engaging with and recruiting a number of community group members across Tewkesbury, Forest of Dean and the Cotswold areas
- Driving uptake of the Fall-Proof Strength and Balance Plan campaign
- Use of Microsoft office and monitoring and measuring group uptake You will:
- Be experienced in engaging with older adults and community groups that older adults attend
- Be ambitious and target driven
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Be flexible to work at a range of times suited to the schedule of community groups Personal qualities:
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work remotely and on your own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Confidence to meet groups and engage with them
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Days: 1 day per week until October 2019
- Salary: tba
To apply please send a covering letter and short CV to Sarah Haden-Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 9th August 2019
Physical Activity Specialist Lead for facilities and active design/Partnership Manager
Physical Activity Specialists lead work for specific inactive beneficiary groups or areas of interest. The post holder will be the strategic lead for facility development and active design in the county.
They will use their expertise in physical activity, facility development and project management to work with partners to raise physical activity levels through supporting high quality facility developments and advocating for the implementation of active design principles. This includes the delivery of Gloucestershire Moves (GM), our whole-system approach to getting the county active.
To qualify you should have a CV that demonstrates:
- Proven track record of managing large projects
- Strong understanding of the county and sports sector
- Great strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Great planning skills.
You can download the job description and person specification here.